A Back to School Essential: Health Care Power of Attorney for College Kids

Do you have kids in your household that are over the age of 18?

Do you have a child that is heading off to college this fall?

If so, you need to be sure that your child has in place a Health Care Power of Attorney.  Once your child turns 18 they are considered to be an adult and due to the HIPAA privacy laws, you will likely encounter difficulty getting medical information about them when it is most needed. Imagine your frustration when you call the school nurse or emergency room to inquire about a child’s illness and are told that they cannot share information with you without violating privacy laws.  The Health Care Power of Attorney can be done quickly and simply and is an inexpensive document that is invaluable for your family.

Contact GWEBLAW today to come in and have this document drafted for the young adults in your household.

By | 2018-06-12T19:15:41+00:00 August 15th, 2013|Top Legal Tips|0 Comments