Steven T. Blomberg GWEBLAW
Steven T. Blomberg
Steven T. Blomberg is the firm’s lead attorney in civil trial practice and has litigated personal injury, business tort, breach of contract, employment, real estate, landlord-tenant, and collection matters in Maryland’s state and federal courts.
A graduate of the Washington College of Law at The American University in 1982, Steve is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the State and Federal Courts of Maryland and the District of Columbia. A practicing lawyer in Montgomery County for over 30 years, Steve has been a regularly-appointed settlement facilitator for the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland, having been appointed to over 200 cases with a settlement rate of over 90%.
Steve has done extensive drafting of Non-Disclosure, Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition Agreements to protect businesses from the loss of their information and wrongful acts by former employees. He has litigated these issues on multiple occasions. He also has done extensive work in the area of government contracting and business entity creation.
An avid sports fan, Steve is a regular at Washington Wizards and Nationals games, and is also a regular player in World Series of Poker events in Maryland and Las Vegas. Steve’s eldest son is a producer/director of comedy specials and documentaries in Los Angeles and his younger son is a chemist with a multi-national company..
Steve’s awards and accolades include:
• Being honored from 2007 through 2017 by Law & Politics Magazine and Thomson Reuters as a “Super Lawyer” in the areas of Business/Corporate Law and/or Business Litigation.
• Included in the Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Editions directed to corporate decision makers who hire outside counsel.
• One of Maryland’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers for 2009-2017 by the National Trial Lawyers
• Among the top 1% of Maryland Trial Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
• Serving as a member of the Executive Committee of the Bar Association of Montgomery County and acting as chairman of the committee to rewrite the Association’s Constitution
• A past member of the Maryland Association for Justice
• Serving as a member of the Board of Directors for the Gaithersburg Jaycees
• Serving on the Board of Directors for the Germantown Chamber of Commerce for 11 years, and serving as President during the 1992-1993 fiscal year
• Auctioneer and emcee for the 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 Women’s Bar Association of Montgomery County Tri-Annual Charity Fundraiser.
• Top Producer General Gifts Maryland Division of the Metropolitan YMCA – 1991 and 1992
• Outstanding Volunteer Service Award from Montgomery County Public Schools – 1997
• Served on Montgomery County Bar Association Executive Committee – 2010-2012
Activities & Awards
Named 1 of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Maryland by the American Trial Lawyer Association in 2008 – 2012
Named “Super Lawyer” in the field of Business/Corporate Law and Commercial Litigation in the Nationwide Corporate Counsel Edition 2007 – 2017 and in Maryland and in the District of Columbia Metro Area for 2007-2012 and 2015-2017.
Named Germantown Chamber of Commerce Board Member of the Year -1987
Named Upper Montgomery County Branch of the YMCA Volunteer of the Year – 1989
Top Producer General Gifts Maryland Division of the Metropolitan YMCA – 1991 and 1992
Outstanding Volunteer Service Award from Montgomery County Public Schools – 1997